Natrah Goes Thailand
Hello people of the internet. This gonna be my first post for this year. An actual post. A lot has happened this year. I tweeted them. But I think it is better for me to write on this blog as well. Sometimes I think, whenever I tweeted or post them on socials, I don't consider the blog as social as I don't publicly share this blog link to anyone, it just for my keepsake, I scared that people would think that I am boasting, but then, you just live one life, people will talk about you both goods and bads, so might as well just do. But meh, I did so lol.
So how did this thing happened? Well, this goes a long way. I'll write it in separate blog post. So let's go.
This was my first time traveling to Thailand. I've only been to Vietnam back in 2015 with my mom, a gift from her for my SPM 8A's result, and Singapore, which I went with Aini, Nas and Fatimah back in 2016 to celebrate the end of Foundation, and the start for Degree. I then abandoned my passport, until it expires on 2020. Never in my wildest mind, thought that I would be given the chance to travel, during work? How is that possible, right?
From my factory, there was the two of us, Azam and I. Azam is a brazer, and he represents my factory as he won our internal competition and our AO selection. In case you didn't know, you know what. I'd save that for another entry, else this would be a long ass writing. We had a sister company, aka the HQ. They sent 3 brazers + 1 brazing trainer + 1 translator for the brazing trainer, along with 2 welders + 1 translator, and 3 maintenance guys. There are 5 competing skills overall, but my factory only join 1 skill, while the HQ join 3 skills.
It was a 2 week event, held in Asia Oceania (AO) HQ, which is in Thailand. Hence, we're going to Thailand!! However, I happened not to attend the whole event, instead, just half of it. Meaning, I only go for 1 week. But the rest of them will go for 2 weeks whole. You know what that means?
I took the flight to Thailand on my own. Alone. Yes Natrah. You did it! You did it!!! Who would've thought? Since I am the Person in Charge for my factory's skill transfer program, I would be the one who have to manage the whole booking the flight, arranging for advance payment money. It was interesting to learn a lot of new things. I book for Azam's flight ticket, the same flight as the HQ. While for me, well, a week late.
I was so nervous as this would be my first time traveling to Thailand, alone summore. I remember I asked my Senior, "Is it necessary for me to join?", and he goes, "Ikut kau la nak join ke tak". Deep down, HELL YES!, I am so excited to get this opportunity, but the uncertainties scared the hell out of me. Did I mentioned that those number of people above, are all men? Yes. That just made me thinking of my "YES, I WANT TO GO". And I can never sure that I would get this opportunity in future, so might as well just grab it.
My parents were just chill when I told them this opportunity, and totally didn't questioned anything. That level of trust my parents had on me. I told myself, before this whole thing happen, I really wanted to have this opportunity, when this comes, why would I back up? and with that, I said YES.
The event is from 9th Nov 22' til 21st Nov 22'. They'd have intensive training on the first week, and the competition starts on the second week. Since my company wanted to cut cost, mind you that I did not come as a competitor, I'm just overseeing how this event is handled, so that I can share them with the rest of brazers and management from my company. Azam goes there as a brazer, which means, he will compete under the Brazing Skill Competition. Those welders and maintenance guys, will compete under Welding and Maintenance Skills Competition, respectively.
Had to renew my died passport, arrange the flight tickets, ensure everything will goes smoothly for both Azam and I, massive support from the HQ to guide me through, and to the Sales Department, Thanytt, Adila and Ms Tan for helping putting the pieces together. My Senior did not help at all, he just asks me whether I've arranged the flight, the hotel, advance payment etc or not. Lol. Funny story, I was told that we would have to use our own money first, then only we can claim. Meaning you could not have an advance payment, that how it usually worked. Mind you, we have flight ticket and hotel to spend on. If it was only for me, fine, I can use my savings, but then I have Azam too. Where should I fork the money from?? Long story short, I was able to get advanced for both Azam and I, despite my Senior said that I won't get advance, usually they only give advance to operator level and below. I told him that, I will try, dapat yey, tak dapat move on. He was shocked when I told him our GM approved. What lesson was learnt here people? Have faith.
Enough with the details, let's get into my weeks in Thailand.
| My dad laughs at my face. He said I looked like my cousin. |
I got to fly with MAS, this is my first time, and I am so nervous and scared. I used to have someone that I know on my flight. If it is within Malaysia, I will still be ok, at least we speak the same language, heck no. Thailand don't speak Malays, and only some speak English. Communication it self makes me anxious. I had to completely focus and follow all the instruction to get to the flight after check-in. My parents and Uda send me to the Airport :) Happy to have them around. After check-in my bag, we got 35kgs yall, but I only use 18kg, woops, sorry company. Drank at a cafe in the airport while waiting for my flight. Not gonna lie, I'm so jakun seeing my flight ticket, you know when you travel with Air Asia, they'd print the ticket on a piece of paper, cheap flight, what can you expect.
| The usual would be: us sending mom to the airport, but not this time mom! You're staying in MAS. |
| Nasi lemak rendang in the air~ |
| BKK |
Upon arrival at the BKK, Bangkok Airport, this is where the adventure begins! Blessed Adila for suggesting me to buy Thailand Number from Shopee before my trip, as I can immediately use my internet upon the arrival. Switched off the flight mode and boom, received messages from the Brazing Trainer, Brazing Translator and Azam. One of the thing that makes me nervous for this trip was, I don't really know the people that I'm travelling with. Azam is out of the chart since he's from my factory, and we talked a lot with each other, I consider him as a good friend. And that's it. The Brazing Translator, I met him during the two weeks PDS Training that I attended earlier this year at the HQ, and he was one of the trainer for that Skill, but we never really talked. The Brazing Trainer, I met him during the Brazing Level 1 Training, that I brought 4 operators to attend this training for 1 week. That's it. Now I need to depend on them for a week. Yikes. And they are not from my factory summore, meaning I rarely meet them.
They were asking when's my flight going to arrive. I never tell them when's my flight, have I board my flight and what not before I flew to Thailand. I just told Azam. All because my brain told me that, it would be awkward if I randomly told them the info. But I need their help to navigate through but stupid ass me overthink too much. Told them I just touched down, still in the flight waiting to get out. I don't expect Azam to help me (lol but yes, reality sis). Then we have the Translator goes, "Oh ok, nanti dah sampai gate you inform ok", side note: the translator is of the same level as me, Engineer). Since this is my first time in Thailand, I have no idea how would I get out from the immigration, where the hack that was. I am scared as hell. But remain positive, I got this, I have to!
Then there's the Trainer, he literally guided me through the process. Told me what to expect, what to do. I mean, the effort he puts in to ensure that I get to the right place :') Funny story, before my flight, my mom told me to, "Nanti jangan borak dengan siapa siapa, jaga diri", but then she proceeds to talk to the guy in front of me during our bag check-in. Told her that, "Mak kata jangan borak dengan orang, mak yang break the rule". That same guy that my mom talks to, was the guy that I met at Bangkok Airport. So I followed him until we reached the immigration point. It was quite far btw, and confusing. Gave my passport to the immigration guy, he do his part, got my passport back, check for my bag conveyor location, got my bag, now what?
Sulaiman, aka the Trainer, Whatsapp called me to ask if everything alright, told him I got my bag already, yey! He guided me how to get out from there and ask me to find Gate No 5, as there would be a driver waiting for me to fetch me to our hotel. It's 11pm already, I'll continue this in the next entry. Till then!
Comments
Post a Comment
wow you wanted to leave me some comments? thanks! (cuz no one does)