My Life is a SCAM
The title is half click bait but let's dig in.
Do you have that mindset that you're never gonna do 'something' in your life? I do. But the thing is, the things I said I won't, or don't believe in its functionality or credibility, is the thing I do now. So here are the list for future Natrah, for your own reference. Side story, I plan to write this on a twitter thread, but I think it is inappropriate. For me personally, all this career tweet is quite sensitive to talk openly since it is hard to secure one. So since no one reads this blog, I shall do it here. Let's go.
Number 1: Jobstreet.
Let's be real, I never believed that I will land a job from Jobstreet. For me, the website is just a scam. Like no one will secure one from it. I know it was ridiculous, but that was what I've been thinking since I never land one before. Not until I got my current job from there, this website immediately becomes and serves its purpose and I believe in it.
Number 2: mudah.my
Ever heard of scam? Yes, I've read some stories saying they got scammed from mudah.my. So naturally, I will never trust the website. I mean let's be real, you can literally get scam from any website such as carousell or shopee. Oh I've been scammed on shopee once but that's a whole another story. Guess what? I found my current rental room through mudah.my. I've been joing facebook group, telegram, in order to find a pleasant house that is near to my workplace, easy to park and have a decent and able-to-live house. It was hard finding one. I've found a room that was way over my budget (RM400/month), I've found room that costs RM350/month but shared with 3 other roommates. So I decided to randomly search a room on mudah and booom, the rest is history.
Number 3: Kilang
I've read a conversation I had with Hanis on whatsapp, where I was saying something along the line that, I will never want to work at a kilang, or anything to do with manufacturing cause that just not me. Nanti pergi kerja tak boleh lawa lawa. Totally Natrah. That is what you are doing now. At the age of 24, you work in a kilang, wearing the same designed shirt in ugly blue, a hard rock safety shoes and a hat. The only thing that you can make a good outfit out of it would be your scarf and your mask.
Number 4: Luar bandar
Growing up, I'm always live in a city. I was born in Kuala Lumpur. Live my whole life in Kelana Jaya. Stayed in Puncak Alam and Dengkil for 6 months each. Stays for a good 4 years in Shah Alam. and suddenly, I have to move out and work in Banting?? Yo, they don't have malls?!?!!? Kedai runcit dia semua tepi jalan. If you want to redraw money, you need to park outside the bank. But it was nice je overall. No traffic. So that is a bonus point. But man, I work at luar bandar? geeez, my 20 years old self will not believe this!
Number 5: Actually working the job out of my degree
I always think that my degree is just a degree. I will work as something else. Not mechanical engineering job, which I had to deal with, now. Well technically, my current job doesn't deal with 100% mecahical. But there's the 'Engineer' in my job title which makes it something surreal. But it is tough no kid! But still trying to be better each day.
Number 6: Applying for Engineering Graduate
I've applied last two weeks, yet to be approved by the BEM. But man, I never thought that I will register with them. But I never plan to get an Ir., but let's see if I actually pursue to get one.
Number 7: Driving to work
Driving alone is something I never thought that I'd be doing. But man, with this work, wanting it or not, I have to drive. I need to drive. It was really scary at first, but at this point, I got a hang of it. I had my license since I was 18 years old. I only need one time test and that's it, I passed! But I never actually drive the car to a destination, the closest would be my dad forcing me to drive around the neighborhood and that's it. But now, I've drive to McD drive-tru twice, Baker's Cottage once, Speedmart once, KFC once, Kilang x100 and KJ-Banting every weekend! That was my longest drive. It took me an hour but that's fine. I wouldn't say that my driving skill is good, but it is acceptable.
That is all that I could think of at the moment. So you whenever I feel like updating!
ps: France volleyball team has a cute guy named Jean Patry and I like him! So does Yacine Louati and Nicolas LeGoff. ok bye.
Comments
Post a Comment
wow you wanted to leave me some comments? thanks! (cuz no one does)