Internet is a scary place
Hello everything, well, this has been a trend so I should follow the trend?
I just open my old blogs, notice the plural over there, yes, I have tons of blog. But as far as I'm concern, none of them are searchable. Alhamdulillah. I, just don't want to embarrass my self here on the internet.
Back then, blogging was a thing, all my friends had a blog. But now, none of them updates theirs and everyone has taken down. I totally understand that. I just read my old blog and all that I could think of was, WHAT WAS ON MY MIND! I blogged like literally almost every day, where did I get my energy from? The oldest post that I found was back in 2009. Wow, eleven years ago? It was about anugerah kokurikulum. Reading back my old entry really does bring back memories. cute. But I'm really really REALLY glad that I made that blog private. Because I don't even know the password or even, the email to the blog. But I did connect that blog with this blog, like, there are two authors for that one blog, and both authors are me but with different account. Alhamdulillah for that Natrah to exist and 'fikir masa depan'. Because at least I can view that blog. As I'm writing this, I think I kinda remember the email for that blog.
Have you ever googled yourself?
I do, just to make sure whenever people google about me, there won't be any stupid thing I previously did on the internet. I bet some of my friend found my Photobucket. I swear it was a thing to have a photobucket account. It was basically Instagram in the past. Whoever that has an account there can be considered as COOL. Natrah back then really like to be cool. So she made one. and Natrah at current age regrets for doing that. But as far as I could remember, I've deleted all my photos there. One thing that I'm worried about would be my MySpace account. I don't remember my password! I do remember my email, but that email is dead! Like really dead. It was my Yahoo! email. That I've changed the password and could not remember the email anymore!
You see, I think I've been with this internet for a very long time and I did what most people do on the internet when I was young. and dumb. So current Natrah is a chill and laid back one. So she never up statuses that she'll regret later. Carefully choosing the right word in describing a topic. She's more aware of the surrounding. By stupid I mean upload like so many pictures. Telling the world what I do that day. Who I hate. There's no harm in general. I don't post naked pictures just so you know. hahaha. I hope you get what I'm trying to say. All those vain stuff I did when I was young, senyum bibir ketat. Selfie here and there. If you noticed, I rarely share my picture alone or even selfies. I just don't feel comfortable of being the center of attention in a picture. The picture of myself alone would be for the profile picture. But if I'm sharing picture for a post, I prefer it to be a group photo. I'm getting old. So I'm become a bit wiser by 0.0002%.
If I were to recall back my first social media, it would be Friendster. A freaking Friendster that is nowhere to be found now. The company is facing bankruptcy or something. I have some cute pictures there of 10 year old me. Yeah, my first social media @ 10y/o. I even knew Qausar from Friendster ok! ahhaha, and Nasiha's picture with Johan(lembu). There was the section for 'About Me'. I still remember I wrote with this kind of style: eg: 'Saya suka baca bukU', 'Saya suka tengok tV'. Yeah, capslock for the first and last word. It was cool in my 10 year old Natrah's opinion.
The second social media would be MySpace. It was cool. You can edit your profile background. Bukak bukak profile je terus ada lagu. This is where Photobucket took place. Also, one cool thing about MySpace is... you had this 'community'. It is kind of club la. Among the cool club that I can recall would be 'SEHALA Community'. My friends and I also wanted to create a community, ours were named 'SLUMBERZ Community'. God bless 11 year old us. hahahahah. It was funny. and we even had this specific background for our community which is teddy bear background. It was Aini's idea. Aini, Nasiha and I came out with the idea when we were in KAFA school.
The third social media would be Blogger, hence, the number of blogs that I owned and write. haih. OK moving on to the next one.
Forth would be Facebook. Facebook used to be for gaming people. Farm Ville. I never played facebook game up til today. It never hypes me. Although I consistently received the 'invitation' to play one. But it never triggers me to play. Up til now. yep. I don't really enjoy using Facebook. But I need to have one since all my friends have one. And we had a class group. Before Whatsapp exists, we use FB group as a class group. Shares picture, homework, senarai nama and the list goes on.
Next up is, Twitter. I guess the saying is true, where, first you create an account, then you get confused on how it works, you will then abandoned the account, then you try again the social media, then you get addicted. That was so me back in 2011. I abandoned it for a good three months before enjoying the use of it.
If I were to rank myself on this 'social media' world, I'd be in the 'warga emas' category. Has it ever effects me negatively? Alhamdulillah, NO. The worst it did to me was getting addicted to the social media only. I mean, I never really post bad stuff (our context on bad stuff might be different but wtv). I never been a keyboard warrior, I hope I will NEVER BE. Never post videos of my crying or peluk peluk boyfriend. Mainly because I never had one so Alhamdulillah hahahah.
I just burned my THESIS CD. Gosh, I finished my FINAL YEAR PROJECT!!! WE SHOULD CELEBRATE THIS!!!!! Alhamdulillah. I'm not gonna talk about that until I've received the final result. :D
Til then, chio
Comments
Post a Comment
wow you wanted to leave me some comments? thanks! (cuz no one does)